Antlers
Date
1875-1936 (private); 1936-1965 (college)Location
228 North Professor Street (demolished)Architects/Collaborators
Builder unknownStyle
Prairie Vernacular
History
The property at 228 North Professor Street, called Antlers, was purchased by the College in 1928 as a part of the proposed Men’s Campus. The house had served previously for many years as a house of residence for men under private management, and this use continued until 1936. Since then it was operated directly by the College as a house of residence for Freshman men, accommodating thirteen. Antlers was last used as a college dormitory in 1944-45. It was then used as apartments for married students until it was demolished in 1964-65.Source
Oberlin College Archives, Office of the Secretary Records.
Geolocation
Image Description
Black and white, gelatin silver 3.75 x 4.75 in. vintage print (cropped), ca. 1940s
(© Oberlin College Archives, RG 0)